Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Latest on Beauty

As of Thursday I will be 39 weeks pregnant.  (My due date is next Thursday, June 23.)  As of yesterday, I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  My fluid levels have been utterly normal for the last 4 weeks, so everything seems to be hunky dory.  I was really hoping Beauty would have made her appearance by now, but that's obviously not been the case.  At this point, I suspect she won't be showing up until next week sometime.  Now that I've adjusted my expectations, it's easier to live each day as it comes instead of in the constant hope and question of "will this be the day?"  It gets really old really fast spending your days waiting for something to happen.  So, for the rest of the week my plan (goal?) is to just live the day we get and soak up another day with just the boys.  Each day is a gift, and I hope to make the most of them.

This morning the boys and I surprised Bryan at work by joining his team for a little celebratory breakfast in honor of coming Beauty.  I loved being prayed for and having Beauty prayed for, and I felt very blessed by the team's thoughtfulness.  The boys loved our breakfast treat of Dutch Monkey Donuts and BB's Bagels.  Yum!  When we got home, we did a LEGO set (something the boys love), and then we watched the classic Disney Robin Hood while eating lunch.  Caleb prayed at lunch time, "Thank you for special, special sweet best Momma in the world and for her letting us watch Robin Hood."  I am glad I get these special days with my precious boys.

Beauty-girl, we can't wait to meet you!  Come whenever you're ready.  We will do our best to wait patiently for you.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Katherine, thank you for keeping us posted; I join you in praying for Beauty and her imminent arrival. We are all so thrilled to meet her soon, and I'm glad you are enjoying this precious time with Joel, Caleb and Bryan. You bless me greatly by sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete