Friday, May 27, 2011

36 weeks and Some Ultrasound Pictures

As of yesterday I am 36 weeks pregnant.  My fluid levels have been completely normal the last two weeks, and I'm hopeful they will stay that way.  Beauty is nearly here, and I am getting so, so excited to meet her.  I can hardly wait until she's ready to make her entrance into the world.  Because my fluid is down, I am no longer expecting her to come in the next week, but I realize birth is unpredictable, and who knows what will happen.  I could make it all the way to June 23, my due date.  I suspect if I do, I will be pretty anxious for her arrival.  This belly of mine is large, and the recent ultrasounds predict she already weighs over 7 pounds.  I am not keen on a 9+ pound baby, but that's the least of my concerns!

Beauty at 31 weeks

Beauty at 32 weeks.  In this one, I think she looks a lot like an ultrasound picture of Samuel -- the one on the bulletin board of my perinatologists' office

This is Samuel at 31 weeks -- and the one I think looks like Beauty above.

Previously I mentioned a collage my friends, Tracy and Jennifer, made for me.  Since I can't have a picture of all my children together, they came up with this frame.  I love it! 

And possibly my final belly picture of this pregnancy, here I am at 36 weeks.  I am down to about 4 shirts that cover my belly, and now I get regular comments from strangers about how I must be due any minute.  They never seem to believe me when I tell them that I have four more weeks to go.  But I am so much smaller now than I was with Samuel, so I can't complain.
36 weeks pregnant
And just because I'm crazy about them, here are a couple of pictures of my precious boys taken with my new camera.  I am immensely relieved to have a working camera since we will soon have a baby to photograph!  :)
My goof.  Joel is a continual hoot and the source of much laughter in this house.

I love Caleb's brown eyes and dark, long lashes.  Truly, he is the world's kindest, most generous kid.

5 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFUL post, Kathryn! I've been praying for your pregnancy, Beauty and your delivery. It's so great to hear you being so excited! I'm SO GLAD that your fluid levels are down, and you're right - Beauty DOES look a lot like gorgeous Samuel in his ultra sound pics! Wouldn't that be just like God to give you a precious little girl who resembles Samuel? I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to hear the good news (and I'll keep praying).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! I had a dream the other night that we were in a train, and Caleb started speaking German, and I was surprised and somewhat confused by what he said. But then I realized he was actually bilingual, and he spoke with a charming Viennese accent. I'm clearly bowled over by how communicative and insightful your kids are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I never even imagined God might give us a girl who would like precious Samuel. It's comforting to think we may get to see a glimpse of what he may have looked like. Whomever she resembles, can you imagine a more loved and welcomed little one? Those big brothers will be so fun to watch with her.
    Come Baby Beauty! We all love you so much already.
    (and Lord, THANK YOU for this gift of a new life...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just looking at these photos again. Not only do the ultrasound pictures of both siblings look alike, but the photo of Beauty at 31 weeks also resembles the color photos of Samuel immediately to the left side. I love seeing all of the family resemblances in your family!! I'm still sending prayers and hopeful thoughts for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're totally right, Brigid! I hadn't noticed how her 31 week u/s looks like Samuel. I love it!

    ReplyDelete