Sunday, July 4, 2010

An Interlude of Pictures

We just got back from the beach with Bryan's family, and it's time for some happy pictures.  We had a great time with Kathy (Bryan's step-mom), Erik and Jen (Bryan's brother and our sister-in-law), their boys, Charlie and Grady, and Marta and Adam (Bryan's sister and our brother-in-law).  One morning Bryan did pancakes for the kids, so I will post those as well as some I have neglected to post recently.  We didn't have internet while we were away, and I was surprised at how shocking it was to be unconnected, but in many ways it was nice to be unplugged for awhile.

Ashoka from Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Kit Fisto
Elmo
Diego
Obi-Wan Kenobi 
I love, love, love this picture of four cousins.  I wish Samuel had been with us and in this photo too.  The boys are 5, 4, 3, and 2.  Samuel would have been 11 months old had he lived.
Me and the J-Bear
Four grandsons with their Grammie
Four buddies
At the beach
Bryan and Joel jumping waves
Sandy-hands Caleb
All of us making crazy faces, obviously.  :)
Apinis siblings (By the way, in case you don't know us personally and wonder how to pronounce our last name, it's "Ap-" as in apple, "-in-" like "in and out," and "-is" like kiss.)
The Apinis ladies.  We're out numbered.
I love this sweet picture of brother love.  Makes my heart happy.
The men with Kathy
And because I'm way behind on posting pictures, here is Caleb's Chewbacca birthday cake that Bryan decorated for his birthday party.  We had 16 little kids over for the party, and it was madness -- but oh, so fun!

Phew!  That's a lot of pictures.  Thanks for humoring me and letting me post a slew of photos.  I love to have a record of our life alongside our grief on this blog.  It helps me remember all the joyful moments in the midst of really hard and heartbreaking ones.  I'm so grateful for a week with the Apinis family, whom I love so very, very much!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete